Sunday, March 8, 2015

Wishful Thinking

     Along with what is probably the majority of the population, I have been wishing for Spring. As I stared out the window today I was inspired to try my hand at some poetry. So here it is, in its perfect imperfection.




Sneaky Spring hides

Cloaking itself with winter

Making me crazy



and another...

Wonder wanders in
the guise of spring eternal
Wish I could see it


and because I always have hope,

Spring 
travels on the suns rays 
bringing warmth 
to our bodies;
to the Earth. 
Surely 
the flowers are 
waiting
 to peep out from under 
their blanket 
of 
snow. 

And so I wait for Spring!





5 comments:

  1. I'm waiting with you! Your poetry brought me warmth today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am OVER snow days, too! They are rare for us in Middle Tennessee! Your poem made me want warmth even more! Hope it comes to us all, SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh, my post today lamented our lack of winter...wish I could send you some of our magnificent sunshine and blossoms! Love the sneaky spring poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. Officially done with winter. Especially since the weather today was such a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have terrible allergies (so bad that I get three allergy shots!), but even I am wishing for spring. We've had way too many delays and cancellations because of it. Like you, I'm over this winter!

    ReplyDelete